Attractions and Activities
The apartment is in easy, safe walking distance of the Umhlanga Village and several upmarket restaurants, bars, coffee shops and supermarkets. The facilities on offer are exceptional. There are numerous hotels in the immediate vicinity where children can enjoy ten pin bowling, game arcades etc.
- For the water enthusiasts, there is deep sea fishing, dolphin viewing, scuba diving, snorkelling, surfing or just relaxing on the beaches or taking a long leisurely walk or a jog on the 5km beach Promenade. The award winning Whale Bone Pier is also a must see and was recently voted the “Best Pier in the World”
- The warms waters of the Indian Ocean make swimming swimming in the sea an all year event.
- There are several world class golf courses in the immediate vicinity. 804 Marbella is a five minute drive from Gateway, (the largest shopping and entertainment centre in the Southern Hemisphere), twenty minute drive from Durban and the International Conference Centre (I. C. C.) Private first world hospitals are a five minutes drive away by car. Sibaya Casino is only a five minute drive away.
- Ushaka Marine World is just a 20 minute drive from The Shades. Take a ride in the cable car to the top of the Moses Mabhida Stadium (home of the 2010 Football Word Cup) and enjoy spectacular views of Durban and the entire coastline as far as the eye can see.
- Umhlanga Lagoon Reserve Nature Trails – Guided Nature Walks
- Enjoy the beauty of the forest, the thrill of crossing the lagoon on wooden bridges . The Hawaan Forest is a small remnant of a pristine dry coastal forest that is rich in biodiversity.
- Umhlanga Rocks is the jewel of the KwaZulu-Natal coastline and is one of the most sought after holiday resorts in South Africa whilst still retaining its unique seaside village feel. If you are looking for a holiday, at any time of the year, Umhlanga is definitely “first choice” The Province of KwaZulu Natal along the Coastline enjoys a sun tropical climate and the winters are never harsh.